Hopes and Dreams for 2018
Whoa... it's already March??!!! We're almost done the first quarter of the year and I still haven't had a chance to sit down and regroup about my future.
I'm on my ninth week into my new job and at the end of last week, I actually thought that I was feeling like I finally had a solid week where I knew what I was doing. Today, I'm back to thinking that I know nothing and my boss is going to soon find out that I'm a fake. Remind me again why I wanted to be a Director??
So what are my hopes and dreams for this year?
1. I really don't want to get fired. So somehow I have to make it through the year and look and sound like I'm competent at my job. I'm such a contradiction. I get antsy when I get to a point where I'm complacent in my job and then by default I look for challenges. But then when I find that challenge, I panic, second guess myself, doubt my abilities and then stress about it. The bottom line though is, I really just want to make a difference in the community. So I need to regroup, get it together, find my confidence -- I know what I'm doing. So to recap... my hope is to not get fired and actually raise money for Habitat Victoria.
2. I want to write. I want to write something for fun. On a regular basis. I know I totally flopped with my 150 days of writing, but in my defense, Eduardo started complaining that I spent too much time on the computer that I started to get paranoid that he'd flip out every time I turn on the computer at night. But seriously, I want to be able to do a featured blog entry or take on a short-term contract writing job for a website or magazine under a pseudonym because I do NOT want to be known.
3. I want to take every opportunity I have to explore this lovely island and province that we live in. I say explore but what it really entails is I want to hike different trails, discover new waterfalls, have regular activities that give me access to nature, take photos of all the beautiful things I see with my family so I can post them on Facebook and look back on all of them year after year after year.
4. I hope to be able to make a conscious effort to rest. What kind of rest? I'm not sure, but whatever it is that rest means to the most people, I think I'm down with it. Rest my brain more than anything maybe? I mean that's really difficult to do and I doubt that I will be that successful at it but I'm willing to take baby steps. Like maybe after I step down as PAC Chair, maybe I can fight the urge not to volunteer for something else right away? What do you think, can I hold off for three months? Even though admittedly, I have identified what I'd like to be involved with in the future because you know me, I cannot NOT volunteer.
5. I hope to bring back a better attitude towards choir. I love choir and I love to sing! I hate that I've become such a slacker when it comes to attending rehearsals and learning new music. I don't make an effort to study anymore. I don't even bother listening to the music independently from rehearsal.
6. I hope to take my CFRE exam this year. Why? Because why not? If I plan to be a fundraiser for the rest of my life then I might as well...
7. I want to read books again a.k.a. I hope my attention span returns after I've found some time to rest my brain and give up my most time consuming high profile volunteer leadership role.
8. I do hope to be home more often. I had forgotten what that was like that I can't even picture off the top of my head what that would look like. Does that mean I get to make dinner for a change and pitch in with the up-keep of the house? I worry a bit about that, just because I don't think I'd be able to meet Eduardo's standards and I'd just get in trouble a lot. I just feel like, with working so close to home, it just seems logical that I should be at home a lot more as well.
9. I am planning to finish both my Communications and Leadership manuals in Toastmaster. I think it's going to happen...
10. Eduardo. I feel like I should be nicer to him. I admittedly have been taking him for granted left and right for a long time now and he just carries on with love in his heart. I mean every once in a while his fuse will blow up and he'd actually call me out on ignoring him.
11. What's it like to have at least 7 hours of sleep on a regular basis? I hope to find out what that's like and what kinds of improvements such a practice would do to my life. I really have no idea.
12. I hope to continue exercising and eating well.
I'm on my ninth week into my new job and at the end of last week, I actually thought that I was feeling like I finally had a solid week where I knew what I was doing. Today, I'm back to thinking that I know nothing and my boss is going to soon find out that I'm a fake. Remind me again why I wanted to be a Director??
So what are my hopes and dreams for this year?
1. I really don't want to get fired. So somehow I have to make it through the year and look and sound like I'm competent at my job. I'm such a contradiction. I get antsy when I get to a point where I'm complacent in my job and then by default I look for challenges. But then when I find that challenge, I panic, second guess myself, doubt my abilities and then stress about it. The bottom line though is, I really just want to make a difference in the community. So I need to regroup, get it together, find my confidence -- I know what I'm doing. So to recap... my hope is to not get fired and actually raise money for Habitat Victoria.
2. I want to write. I want to write something for fun. On a regular basis. I know I totally flopped with my 150 days of writing, but in my defense, Eduardo started complaining that I spent too much time on the computer that I started to get paranoid that he'd flip out every time I turn on the computer at night. But seriously, I want to be able to do a featured blog entry or take on a short-term contract writing job for a website or magazine under a pseudonym because I do NOT want to be known.
3. I want to take every opportunity I have to explore this lovely island and province that we live in. I say explore but what it really entails is I want to hike different trails, discover new waterfalls, have regular activities that give me access to nature, take photos of all the beautiful things I see with my family so I can post them on Facebook and look back on all of them year after year after year.
4. I hope to be able to make a conscious effort to rest. What kind of rest? I'm not sure, but whatever it is that rest means to the most people, I think I'm down with it. Rest my brain more than anything maybe? I mean that's really difficult to do and I doubt that I will be that successful at it but I'm willing to take baby steps. Like maybe after I step down as PAC Chair, maybe I can fight the urge not to volunteer for something else right away? What do you think, can I hold off for three months? Even though admittedly, I have identified what I'd like to be involved with in the future because you know me, I cannot NOT volunteer.
5. I hope to bring back a better attitude towards choir. I love choir and I love to sing! I hate that I've become such a slacker when it comes to attending rehearsals and learning new music. I don't make an effort to study anymore. I don't even bother listening to the music independently from rehearsal.
6. I hope to take my CFRE exam this year. Why? Because why not? If I plan to be a fundraiser for the rest of my life then I might as well...
7. I want to read books again a.k.a. I hope my attention span returns after I've found some time to rest my brain and give up my most time consuming high profile volunteer leadership role.
8. I do hope to be home more often. I had forgotten what that was like that I can't even picture off the top of my head what that would look like. Does that mean I get to make dinner for a change and pitch in with the up-keep of the house? I worry a bit about that, just because I don't think I'd be able to meet Eduardo's standards and I'd just get in trouble a lot. I just feel like, with working so close to home, it just seems logical that I should be at home a lot more as well.
9. I am planning to finish both my Communications and Leadership manuals in Toastmaster. I think it's going to happen...
10. Eduardo. I feel like I should be nicer to him. I admittedly have been taking him for granted left and right for a long time now and he just carries on with love in his heart. I mean every once in a while his fuse will blow up and he'd actually call me out on ignoring him.
11. What's it like to have at least 7 hours of sleep on a regular basis? I hope to find out what that's like and what kinds of improvements such a practice would do to my life. I really have no idea.
12. I hope to continue exercising and eating well.
Comments