Book #4 - Night Terrors


Night Terrors
Okay, getting my reading act together. I figured the best way to get me going again is to pick a really short book that I can finish right away just so I feel a sense of immediate accomplishment then it should get the ball rolling.

Like I said, it's a really short book. I actually read it in half an hour and right away I was ready to starting reading a new one. I was browsing at the library and there I saw one of Sean's books again. It's meant for early teenagers so it's not really meant to be heavy reading, but what I like best about his books and again, with this one, is that he never ends his books with a definite ending. There's always an element for your imagination to keep going and exercise your own interpretation.

I wondered at the beginning how scary this story line would be. It is after all a thriller. I would have to say that, there were enough haunting images. However depicted shortly, still enough to play with your mind. Not so sure the plot was super strong on this one, though, but then again the setting and time frame he presented was restrictive that the plot really had to be super focused. It's okay... but I still really enjoyed his first book better.

As added background, I actually got inspired by Bell's desire and enthusiasm to sign up for the Greater Victoria Public Library's Summer Reading Club. The commitment requires reading for at least 20 minutes every day and filling out this booklet thingie that documents all her reading activities for the entire summer. So when I took her to the library, I just couldn't help but feel this awesome library vibe. And for once we weren't in a hurry so we actually had time to just browse. I picked up this book just because I saw it on the shelf. I picked a couple of other books too. I haven't done this in a while -- you know, browse books and decide to read them because I happen to come across them as opposed to reading reviews prior to going or putting a specific book on my library queue because I already knew that I wanted to read it. I really should spend more time in libraries. I love libraries.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Billy

2014 Year End Review