Tripped!

Maybe I was subconsciously jealous of Eduardo for getting a week off from work because of a concussion that I just had to join his ranks even if it meant just adding an extra day off to an already long weekend. Not that I did it on purpose but this morning I finally suffered the consequence of rushing too much in the morning. I tripped and twisted my ankle just outside our front door and just steps away from the car. Wasn't even more than a yard away, I couldn't have just made it inside the car in one piece???

Priceless reaction from my kids which had me laughing despite cringing with pain. Raine (after checking if I was okay): "Am I going to be late for camp?" Bell (after asking me if I was okay): Her eyes brightened and joyfully squealed "Yay you're not going to work!" I love my kids. Their personality shows in everything they do. Raine loves learning and wouldn't want to miss any of it and Bell just wants to spend time with me, regardless of the circumstances.

Anyway I did still go to work but only because I had an important meeting this morning and since Raine had to be picked up from camp in the afternoon anyway, I decided to just limp  around the  office and look pathetic while still doing productive work. My boss had to specifically tell me not to come in tomorrow. Super.


So here I am now. Dinner and chores done, Eduardo at basketball practice and the kids hanging out at the neighbor's. What do you do when you're injured, not supposed to do anything, don't need to do anything, don't have anyone to look after, don't have work the following day so don't need to mentally prepare for anything and it's still early? It would've been the perfect time to check out prime time tv except that there's none in the summer time so what's the next best thing? Pop in my Friends dvd, blog, and then feed myself chocolate-covered eclairs to make up for the sad, sad fact that I've eaten all my special super giant pastillas de leche.

You can tell I have a serious problem relaxing when I have to stop, ponder, and really make an effort to think about what I can do when I have an honest to goodness real free time in my hands.

Anyway... as for my foot, it's not that bad. It hurts but it's nowhere near how my ankle ballooned the last time I had an ankle sprain. Nothing a day's rest wouldn't be able to cure. Of course I'm only giving myself a day because it's the long weekend and our agenda is full -- no ankle pain is going to keep me from having fun this weekend! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Billy

Book #4 - Night Terrors

2014 Year End Review